Monday, January 25, 2010

Babies having babies


Where was I when teen pregnancy became cool? It's gotten to the point where I can't even leave my house without hearing something about another pregnant 17 year old. There's a reality show about it. Two, if you count Baby Borrowers. Is it just our generation? Have we become these creepy mega-fertile beings? I don't know. But I can't count the number of pregnant or babymamas that I know on two hands. My closest childhood friends are included in those two groups. I think the worst part is that it's being accepted. I remember the first time this all hit me, I was logging into Facebook and saw an album of babyshower pictures for a girl I kinda knew. I checked them out, and there was a picture of a cake. It said "Congratulations, Cate!" And that was when I thought: WTF? Call me old-fashioned, but if I was 16 and about to expel a small human from my vag, the last thing I'd want to hear is "Congratulations". If it was my friend giving birth, I would not congratulate her either. I would verbally beat her up if she thought it was a good thing. Many of these '09-'10 babies are growing up with a mother who can't even support herself and has dropped out of school. The dads are God knows where (in most cases). And, HURRAY, guess who will get to pay for their child support checks? ME. Yes, I get to be responsible and safe with my sexual adventures, finish school, and work every single day so that these idiots can buy diapers and beer. I'm not saying this is the case every time, but usually it is. I don't see any of these girls trying to better their situation. I know one who has a daughter with a guy who beats her and went to jail and goes nuts if he doesn't take his meds. Lucky little girl. Basically: Sluts and irresponsible teenyboppers need to be wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment