Monday, January 25, 2010

I don't know how it gets better than this


Isn't it true, for the most part, that how good or bad a day turns out, it's all about who you're with and not what you do? The first time I met up with my boyfriend was one of the best days I've ever had, and it was in the middle of an unfamiliar city (to both of us), it was pouring rain so my hair was soaked, my makeup was running because I cried when I first saw him, and his friend he drove with locked his keys in the truck. But there was also that moment that was literally breathtaking, when I walked off the Greyhound bus and into the Windsor bus station to see him standing there. His eyes got wide and I was stunned, and we just hugged and cried, and he asked me for a kiss, and I gave it to him even though there was a ton of people around. All we did was go for coffee and run around like idiots in a parking garage and look at the view of Detroit. But after waiting two years to be with somebody, imagining how their skin feels and how their mouth tastes and how soft their hair is and if their eyes look any different in person, it's SO much for your body to take in at once when you finally are with them, but you do it, and it's the best feeling. I didn't take for granted that I got to sit on his lap, hold his hand, kiss him any second I wanted to, or touch his face. It was perfect. And when I got back to my city and got written up for ditching work and in huge trouble for running away at 7AM without telling anyone, I didn't even care. It was worth it. One person can make such a difference. We only got to spend 5 hours together, and it turned out being one of the most life-changing days ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment